Interview with the winner of the 2018 NGM trading competition, Sijoittajamestari
We have managed to get a quick chat with this year’s winner of the NGM trading competition Sijoittajamestari, Markkinakarhu, who made a remarkable return of 1 869,49% during the two weeks.
1. You managed to get your initial capital to grow with an incredible 1 869,49% during two weeks. What kind of strategy did you have?
Well, the translation of my name would be “Market bear” and the two weeks were quite nice for all the bears in the market. I decided to go all in right away and switch to the bull side just for a few hours at a time.
2. What were your expectations for this year’s competition?
Big wins or a quick loss. It’s a rough game.
3. What underlying assets did you trade the most?
I only traded the German DAX index.
4. Do you also trade for yourself, outside the competition? What do you mostly trade?
I don’t really trade. I would hold, but it’s not a good time for that.
5. Do you have any advice in order to succeed in trading?
Be as lucky as I was, but don’t go all in.
6. Do you have any role model or person you look up to when it comes to trading?
No, I appreciate people who do something more productive than just trading.
7. Now that you have won a travel gift card, have you already decided where to travel?
We thank and once again congratulate Markkinakarhu, the winner of the 2018 NGM trading competition Sijoittajamestari!